Thursday, September 6, 2018

Sydni Stearns- Zoey Grossman Post 2

Photographer- Zoey Grossman

1.) Which of the artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

I think that the artist's choice of color and accessories is so striking and interesting. She photographs models accompanied by a bold aspect such as a bejeweled face mask as seen in the first photo I have attached or bold colored lighting as seen in photos two, three, and four. I am obsessed with the vibrancy of the lighting used and I am often inspired by it while making my own photos. I have created a series of photos, myself, with a similar use of colored lighting so I am very drawn to this type of work. a She shoots various types of clothing on the models as well and the chosen items complement the photo so well. The items are never dull and often involve crystals or shiny aspects as seen in the photos below. Aside from the clothing, the makeup paired with the look is chosen so wisely and very well, in my opinion. Each look contributes to the overall aesthetic of the image. These photos are so pleasing to me and I think she creates stunning images.

2.) What do you believe are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I think that the artist strives to create a visually pleasing photo that is colorful and has a unique aspect to it that is primarily unseen in photography. Her vision is so different from others I have seen. She includes vibrancy and switches up the models, makeup, and outfits in such an enticing way each time. I think that is aiming to create photos that have a "WOW" factor and will make them want to see more of her work. She is always bringing forth new ideas and concepts which excites people and makes them want to see more.

3.) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

Personally, I believe that her photos are beautifully done. I am so inspired by the choices she makes. Her use of color, accessories, and clothing etc. is truly such a huge inspiration to me. I am almost at a loss for words when pondering what to say about her photos because there are just so many aspects that are so stunning to me in every way; from the makeup to the hair to the outfits to the lighting choices to the quality of the photo to the movement of the model/facial expression and everything in between. Zoey is such an inspiration to me and I definitely see my own style in her work.

4.) Reasoning of why I chose this artist:

I chose this artist off of Instagram because I look up to her immensely. She photographs for several magazines and is doing so well in her career. She is doing what I picture myself to be doing so it is so awesome to see a woman succeeding at such a high level in the industry. I am so inspired by her work and it makes me want to experiment with photos more and focus more on the lighting and accessories/clothing rather than the editing of the photo. I aspire to have the platform that she has and I will continue to follow her work as her career continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment