Friday, September 28, 2018

Amber Carpenter - Emma Craft - Post 5

1) Which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why? 

Theres just something about the way she captures her images that draws me in, I love her use of depth of field and color. She uses these to her advantage and creates this personal portraits of people that just draw in a certain feeling for me. I also love her use of tones and color as well, like my last artist Chloe Sheppard she's choosing to stick to very soft neutral tones in her work and low contrast and muted saturation.
2) What do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions?  


I think she started out photographing life and her friends and has slowly moved onto more fashion photography and editorial type work. But her themes still remain the same with a more personal depth to all of her work even when she's taking impersonal photos at places of people she has probably never met before. 

3) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents? 


I admire her photography at these type of fashion events and how she can get such a personal feeling to something with such impersonalization to it. Her use of colors I admire a lot and I definitely would love to achieve the sort of feeling she gives me in her work and apply it to mine.








No comments:

Post a Comment