Thursday, September 6, 2018

Hana Pearlman- Shane Rocheleau – YAMOTFABAATA Post 2

1) I really enjoyed the technical decisions that the artist made due to the lighting. The first picture is what caught my eye.  
2)  I believe the artist's intentions were to paint a very ominous picture, almost paranormal, with the way they exposed the images, with the high contrast and the fog.
3)  The images below almost leave me with a sense of peace. The first picture has a particular movement about it that I am abousltuely drawn to. The second picture leaves me asking a lot of questions. What was this man thinking? Who is he? Why is his hair green? etc. I still find that picture very peaceful and intriguing. The fourth picture, although I find it peaceful I also find it disturbing, leaving me also asking many questions. What is that substance? Is it blood? Is it paint? Was it done on purpose?  



No comments:

Post a Comment