Thursday, September 27, 2018

Hana Pearlman- Robert Swierczynski. Post 5

1)  The images are all very compelling, and I think it is because of the lack of highlights (excluding the second picture) the images have this flatness to them. You can tell the direction of the light in every image, it's very strong. I have a very extreme connection to these images but it's hard for me to decide why straight from the start.  
2) I believe the artist's intentions were to make the viewer uncomfortable, they are all images of strange things, people, objects, or events. They have all the same flat undertones, or objects that make the enviornemnt around them feel unsafe or uncomfortable.  
3)  I find the last two images the most interesting and disturbing. The feet hanging upside down inside an airplane is one that catches my eye for many reasons. The lighting on the airplane gives off a sick sterile feeling, along with the tension felt on the airplane. This image to me is the most thought-provoking because it leaves me with such a feeling of relatability. I have flown many times in my life so I can relate to that feeling of anxiousness you feel when waiting on the tar-mack, bright unforgiving lights blaring on top of you, the cocoughfany of people sniffling and talking drowning out the sounds of the pressurized air filling the cabin. I know how it feels to have to sit down or walk or stand for long periods of time. The position of the feet, and the anonymity of this genderless person is what makes this image so profound. 




No comments:

Post a Comment