Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sydni Stearns- Annie Leibovitz Post 3

Annie Leibovitz-

1.) Which of the artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

The first photos I was introduced to of Annie's were her Disney images in which she placed influential celebrities into iconic scenes from Disney movies. I have included examples below. She photoshops her photos to create an extremely realistic scene that looks straight out of a Disney movie. I think that her photos are stunning and her use of photoshop when creating these images is insane to me. She does this so flawlessly and I don't understand how. I have not seen images quite like them before and I am so intrigued by them. Upon doing more research about her work, I have found her other photos that are pretty much the opposite of the Disney photos. They are so simple and timeless. They photograph legends such as Mick Jagger and Meryl Strep. She has worked with so many influential people and has created iconic images.

2.) What do you believe are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I believe that Annie Leibovitz's intentions are to create a photo that will make viewers wonder how she created such an image as well as a photo that entertains. She uses photoshop in such a way that makes the photo look so realistic and I know for sure that I sit and wonder how she did it so flawlessly. When referring to her more simple photos, I think that her intentions are simply to create a timeless photo of people that are influential to the time period. She definitely achieves this because her photos of celebrities when they were younger are iconic and highly regarded. She still takes photos of celebrities now.

3.) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

Personally, I respond positively to her choices and intents because I love a photo that leaves me perplexed as to how the artist did it and I love a simple photo that is just timeless. I hope to be able to make pictures for magazine covers as she does and/or utilize photoshop as well as she does because I believe her Disney photographs are stunning. I also believe that her more simple photographs are such a great stamp in time to show the influential people of different generations. Annie Leibovitz has had a long, successful career and has worked her way to where she is which is making pictures for magazines and continuously getting her name out there while leaving a trail of timeless photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment