Friday, September 14, 2018

Hana Pearlman: SAMANTHA GEBALLE ON BRITTNEY CATHEY-ADAMS post 3

1)  I was drawn to the artists use of film and black and white. I felt it made the images feel more elegant, instead of shocking. 
2)  The intentions of the pieces are to show that no matter what society says, you are beautiful. They are showing that no matter what gravity says, or how hard it is to overcome different things due to your size, that big is beautiful. They wanted to express and talk about something that would hit deep enough to follow you home. 
3)  I think shooting in the forest and shooting in the nude was a very conscious and direct choice. I think a forest is a place of refuge, also showing strength, and I believe that shows in the images. The bottom image of the woman pulling the rope in the water is the most moving to me. Her face is set with determination and her body is using muscles in an almost hard ugly way, but the water around her gives off a beautiful reflection of the sun, returning the image to a soft and beautiful one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment