Thursday, September 6, 2018

David Hockney - Abby Chambers - Post 2





1) Which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

David Hockney has been my favorite photographer since I was introduced to his work in high school. I have always found his 'cubist' style of photography very interesting. I feel that it's almost a more creative way of shooting/presenting your work than standard photography. I enjoy the pieces in which  he creates his collages into a more organic shape, like the last two pieces I included in this post.

2) What do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I believe his intentions are to show moments from more than one point of view. He takes different photos of the same scene at different angles and then pieces them together in an abstract way to show the entire picture in a way that one photo couldn't do.

 3) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

I personally love Hockney's work. He goes beyond standard photography to make a piece show so much more. It inspired me to create work similar to his and expand my style of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment