Friday, September 28, 2018

Amber Carpenter - Chloe Sheppard Post - 4

1) Which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why? 

Chloe Sheppard chooses to use mostly only 35mm, 120mm, and super 8 in most or almost all of her projects and thats something I find admirable. I find that admirable just because of the time and effort and money and frustration is put into film, versus digital. I love that she chooses to really only stick to these mediums and thats something I would love to do and achieve as well.

2) What do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions? 

I think she chooses to stay on a very soft neutral color palette in terms of all of her photography, she has mostly one muse and has been practicing photographing her for years. She is the first person in the photo set, but that is interesting to me as it feels like a theme almost as she keeps track of this persons life and how she changes over the years. I would like to achieve some sort of documentation of those sorts with photographing a specific person for a long term amount of time.

3) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents? 
I find them to be very interesting and almost an underlying theme themselves, as it seems to be an intent to photograph someone for years on end. Her photographs with this girl are all visually so great though, they've both figured out themselves and each other and thats present in the camera. 






No comments:

Post a Comment