Friday, September 21, 2018

Schuyler VanSyckle - 5 Discoveries

1. Normally I can mess around with either the shutter speed, ISO, or aperture to get the perfect lighting for a picture. I've learned and discovered that it takes shutter speed, ISO, and aperture to get the perfect lighting for night time/dark pictures. I am not the best at taking pictures in the dark and I am trying to work on figuring out what shutter speed and aperture to use that makes the image turn out light enough without making it completely grainy. 

2. I discovered that by just changing the shutter speed, the lightning of the picture can drastically change. I knew that shutter speed had a part of affecting the amount of light that a camera let in but I never knew that it would affect it this drastically. 

3. I discovered that by just changing the aperture, the lightning of the picture can drastically change as well as changing just the shutter speed. 
4. Both aperture and shutter speed can change the lightning of the photo by themselves. The only difference between the two is that shutter speed can also affect motion and aperture can also affect depth of field. I just never knew that they both had something in common. I always thought they were completely different tools. 

5. I never realized how much the zoom on the lens can affect your picture. I discovered that zooming in all the way and moving your body makes the picture look a lot better than it would by moving your body with the zoom all the way out. By zooming in and moving your body it makes the image lay flat (as shown in image 1). By zooming out and moving your body it makes the image look fish eyed (as shown in image 2). 





No comments:

Post a Comment