Saturday, September 8, 2018

Mariela Gavino - Cara Stricker - Post 2 (late)

Cover Story: SZA
Cover Story: SZA


          
 Cover Story: SZA

Cover Story: SZA          Cover Story: SZA
Cover Story: SZA


  1. I was initially attracted to the photos because she shot for the cover of theFADER magazine's earth issue in Spring 2018 which one of my favorite artists, SZA was featured on. I was blown away by the photoshoot and immediately researched who had shot it. Cara Stricker creates beautiful dreamlike photos with soft focus and vivid colors. The lighting is heavily manipulated and diffused. She pushed this dreamlike theme even further with the use of smoke as well dance like movement by her subject. Stircker's composition almost makes it look like a painting. I would personally like to create photoshoots like hers. I am inspired by her use of colors and soft focus especially and I want to utilize similar techniques in the future.
  2. Sticker's aesthetic choices convey a surrealistic theme. She focuses heavily on visuals rather than commenting on a similar subject. Her techniques seem to be purely aesthetic. But even then, it could be argued that her intent was the make the subject seem like a dream to the viewer. The subject is soft and smokey in most of the photos, as if to suggest to the viewer that she is not real.
  3. I am personally captivated by her aesthetic choices and consistency. Her use of color is beautifully blended and I definitely want to use color the way she does. I want to be able to create photos that have communicative impact but I also want to make photos that are just purely beautiful. Stricker's techniques influence me to try different techniques with focus and color to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment