Thursday, September 27, 2018

amanda burton - Byron Spencer post 5








1.Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
 The first technical choice that stood out to me was his selective choice of color. He loves vibrant and statement color pieces. I was drawn to this first because each photograph there is a selective detail that brings my eye directly towards them. It makes me question why he used those colors, it makes me really put thought into my work and why I used the colors that I do.

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I believe that Byron's thematic intentions have to do with emphasizing a certain part of the body or frame with a color. He draws his viewers to a specific point in the photograph. Not only are the colors important to him but the hue, saturation, and luminance. The clothes or props he uses to do so are very carefully chosen and I find his choices to be very intriguing.


3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
With each technical choice and thematic intention Byron executes, I enjoy. The way the whole photograph comes together with his vision makes it an even more fantastic shot. Not only does Byron respond to color but the way in which the angle he shoots from. I love how he thinks of every detail in such a simple photo.


4. Reason why I chose this artist.
I chose this artist because I saw he was published in Vogue. Once I ventured into his Tumblr I uncovered more about his personality, his interests, and inspirations. I then logged onto his Instagram and saw an amazing feed of images. His images spoke to me not only because I thought they were super editorial but of who he is as a person. 









No comments:

Post a Comment