Thursday, September 20, 2018

Abby Chambers - Discoveries





Until this class, I would typically shoot in aperture priority, shutter priority, or program mode. While I was able to get some nice photos using those pre-sets on my camera, there was still a lot I didn't have control over. This class has gotten me more into shooting in manual and adjusting everything myself. For the first two photos, I was messing around with white balance. I figured out how to adjust the white balance to different lighting situations. The first photo is in my kitchen, which has fluorescent lighting, so I adjusted my camera to shoot in fluorescent lighting. The second one is by my window, where a lot of natural light comes in, so I adjusted my camera to shoot in daylight. Then, for the second two, I was experimenting with extreme lighting situations. I lit a candle against a black background, and had to try to adjust my light meter to get the black background, but still get what little light was coming from the flame/ember. For the last photo, I decided to see what I could do with the 'bulb' shutter speed. I figured out that that's how people get the light painting effect. Overall, I've already learned a lot of new things about my camera and I'm excited to learn how to use every setting and button.

No comments:

Post a Comment