Thursday, September 6, 2018

amanda burton - Jessica Kobeissi post 2





1. Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
When thinking of a Jessica Kobeissi photo, I use the term "fashion in your backyard". I love how she takes statement color pieces of clothing and adds a simple background to really emphasize the model. The colors in the picture are not vibrant but of a moody tone and that is what draws me into the picture the most. She mostly photographs women which is interesting to me but at the same time I really enjoy it.

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I think Jessica likes to show her audience you don't need bold makeup, expensive gowns, or fancy backgrounds to make for an excellent editorial shot. Most of these backgrounds can be found walking down a side street. From watching jessica online, and reading her interviews, I know she uses thrifted clothes to really give some personality to bring her photo to life. Many people believe the more you spend on a shoot the better the photo, but jessica surely proves that to be wrong.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I am so captivated by her whole concept. She has taught me to think even more outside of the box then I thought possible. For growing artists like myself, she paves a pathway not just for great content but how she managed to get where she is today. I look up to her and always enjoy seeing her behind the scenes videos to really get a sense of who she is.

4.  Reason why I chose this artist.
Jessica has not only been the base for many other photographers that I love, but for an outlook on how to really approach the craft. I have watched many videos of her using different cameras, lighting,  props, models, and every time I learn something new. She continues to share information with the public that she discovers as she continues along in her career. I love how her photos make me feel and the hope I get to one day produces images like her.









No comments:

Post a Comment