Thursday, September 13, 2018

amanda burton - Nikki Krecicki post 3

Nikki Krecicki 

1. Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
The biggest choice Nikki makes that stands out to me is how her models have very natural makeup but then the clothes draw the most attention. I love her combination of indoor and outdoor shooting. The way she makes use of natural light inside really captures my attention. It makes the picture seem soft but editorial at the same time. 

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
When reading her bio on her website I was really taken by her mindset with her photographs. She says she tries to create photos that remind her of her, or her home. Now knowing this, I can clearly see this intention within her pictures. Another intention Nikki provides to her audience is to look beyond the chaos for the simplistic moments. Within the city she tries to find the most quiet places to set up her shot.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I admire her because every picture she takes she is true to herself and where she has come from. It sends a message to young and older audiences to never get lost in your craft and always come back to who you are. With her quiet spaces, I respect her decision to choose places most people would not go. 


4. Reason why I chose this artist.
I chose this artist because of the first picture displayed. I saw this featured on VSCO and I immediately needed to find the photographer. Once I did and I discovered her website, I fell more in love with Nikki. I am so glad I discovered her and her talents. I am very thankful I read about her and now I can apply that to my photography.









No comments:

Post a Comment