Thursday, September 20, 2018

Hana Pearlman- Camera Capabilities


1)  Image number one I chose to shoot with my roommate whom I care very deeply about. It was a brighter day (the day of the tornadoes mind you, but before all the rain and chaos) I decided to huff a big breath onto my lens and fog it up. I kept my ISO, Shutter Speed, and F-stop the same creating a darker and spooky image, compared to the images without lense fog on them. 
2)  The second image is also using the same capabilities as the above-discussed image, however, I did change my F-stop and shutter speed because the image had no contrast, it was really blown out.( Left- 1/50 sec;   f/5.6;   ISO 100) image on the (Right - 1/50 sec;   f/2.8;   ISO 100) 
 

3)  These two photos I shot in the same location I just changed my f-stop. The image on the left had this as its shutter speed, f-stop, and iso ( SS: 1/400 sec;   f/stop- 2.5;   ISO 100) The second image was shot with 
( SS: 1/400 sec;   f/stop- 5.0;   ISO 100) Keeping my ISO and Shutter speed the same, nothing really changed except the exposure of the background, and the sharpness of the trees. 
1/640 sec;   f/2.5;   ISO 100

1/400 sec;   f/2.5;   ISO 100
1/200 sec;   f/1.8;   ISO 100

1/200 sec;   f/1.8;   ISO 100

These images are all shot at the same time, except for changes in how close or far away I was from the subject. I moved slowly, inching closer and closer to my little friend. I am usually stuck in my ways, using a 200 second exposure and a 1.8, which is evident in the last 2 pictures, but I really enjoyed playing with my f-stop and trying to see what my camera was really capable of!  

No comments:

Post a Comment