Thursday, September 20, 2018

Amanda Burton - Cody McGibbon post 4

Cody McGibbon

1. Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
Right off the bat, you can tell one of his biggest technical choices is to take pictures of women who are nude. Usually he picks either the top half or bottom half to emphasize. I am very drawn to this because from my stand point, I would feel a little timid taking pictures of naked girls all the time, but at the same time I admire how bold his concepts are.

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
While analyzing the five photographs below, the first theme I noticed was Cody takes some type of prop, or light to emphasize the area that is being shown naked. Also Cody only takes pictures of women who are nude, no men. Most of his photographs are of his models laying down either in studio or in another angelical background. The attitude I get from his photos are not just about sex, but to bring life to how beautiful the woman figure is in the nude form.


3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I am very inspired how Cody comes up with these beautiful ideas. I have never really thought about taking nude photographs in such an art form until now. It makes me want to utilize every aspect of a women. With his craft Cody has been able to do campaign shoots with this creative eye and I think that is just so powerful. 


4. Reason why I chose this artist.
In this bio he calls himself a fashion and lifestyle photographer. I was drawn not only to his pictures but once I saw those two words together I now understood what it means. Us women sometimes walk around in underwear around our apartment, or wear little bikinis to the beach. This is a lifestyle. Cody is showing his audience how women truly are in their element. I also love how he edits. His lighting, props, and locations are all thought out meticulously.





No comments:

Post a Comment