Thursday, September 20, 2018

Marlena Artis 3 Fear Photos


I decided to face my fear of insects and shot these flies. Even though in this photograph there are only two harmless flies, I had to sit in these bushes full of other insects and worms. There were bees and grasshoppers as well. It was awful being surrounded by these bugs; the thought of one of them touching me was horrifying.




These two shots I decided to face my fear of asking strangers for their photographs. It was definitely really stressful being declined but I was lucky enough to find this really kind construction worker who let me take his photographs. He was very comfortable and did not mind the camera at all; he acted as if there was nothing in front of him and did not mind how long I took. 


I've never done night portraits before and I've always been too scared to do them. Before this class I honestly had very little knowledge about the relationship between ISO, aperture, and shutter speed - I am obviously still trying to gain a better understanding. This was the first time I've done a night portrait with a neon light. Unfortunately I found the light to be too dim because the ISO was too high for my liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment