Thursday, September 6, 2018

Emma Doherty- William Eggleston


 1) which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why? 

While reading about Eggleston, I learned that he scewed the perception of the viewfinder. Throughout his years as an artist, he's compared the viewfinder to a gun. He reminds artists that the image in  a viewfinder should be chosen with feeling rather than just "pointing and shooting." 

2) what do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions?  

Thematically, color has always been Eggleston's strong suit. He influenced artist with bright and saturated spectrums of color to enhance emotion and setting. 

3) how do you personally respond to these choices and intents? 

Personally, I value and worship color in photography. I am an expressive person myself and I think my work is so much more emotional with color. 



No comments:

Post a Comment