Friday, September 28, 2018

Schuyler VanSyckle - Lindley Warren - Post 5


 © Lindley Warren
 © Lindley Warren
 © Lindley Warren
 © Lindley Warren

"The Meadows" ---Photos By: Lindley Warren

1. Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you?

I like how the artist decided to make portraits in the same location but not the same spot each time.  Using the same location in each portrait gives them all a sense of unity and ties the portraits all together.  

2. What do you believe are the artist conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

 I believe that the artist intentions for these photographs is to show the growth of this family overtime. Showing how over years of time the family is still living in the same place that they were years ago. These photographs draw the viewer in by making them reflect/think of  their own "home."

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intentions?

I can personally relate to these images because growing up and still now I am living in the same house that I have lived in since I was born. My house and the location that it is in feels like "home" to me. It is the first house my parents ever bought together and it is the only house that my siblings and I have lived in. The meadows is home to these individuals like my house and chesterfield is home to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment