Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why did I have to take so many photos?
I think that the reason why we had to take so many photos was to get to know our cameras and the settings on the camera. As I shot more and more pictures I became a lot extremely comfortable with the settings on my camera. I also noticed when I should be using certain apertures, white balances and ISOs. These settings became much more natural to me as I shot my photos and when a problem occurred with these settings after a few shots I knew how to fix the settings to take a better photograph. Taking these photos really helped e to figure out my camera.
Why do I have to look at all of my images and rate them?
I think the reason for looking at all the images is to figure out as a Photographer what I am interested in. I figured out that I am interested in photographing graffiti, old buildings and textured surfaces. Looking at them I also noticed that I took a bunch of the same compositions but, I changed the settings to figure out what photo I would like the best out of the bunch. Rating the photos helped me understand which photos I did like the best. It also will help me in the future with organizing my photos. While rating my photos I also noticed that a lot of my photos were out of focus, over exposed or under exposed. Using the rating system I gave these photos ones and realized that I didn't take a lot of pictures that I adore.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I felt the same way about self-critiquing my own images. Every other image I was just like "This sucks", "That's awful" ,"WOW EW". The rating system made me realize I really need to improve on my skills, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you (specifically Brian, I had those thoughts running through my head the whole time I was rating) , I feel like the majority of my photos are 2s and 3s. I feel like thats what you get with shooting 1000 photos with no real limits. I feel like I rated the photos the best when they were more of a conceptual photograph.

    ReplyDelete