Monday, September 12, 2011

Lynsey Addario

In the last year or so I have come across Lynsey Addario's work a few times. She is one of the well-known current photojournalists. I have seen her work in several magazines and have stumbled upon her work online, too. She tackles serious subjects like war in the Middle East,  self-mutilation, and Tuberculosis.

Technically, I am attracted to her use of negative space. One thing I'm beginning to realize is the strength of negative space in a photograph. Another thing she really has mastered is using color to add to a photograph, but not to rely on color as the subject of the photograph. Often times color is given too much importance. 

Speaking just on how her work makes me feel, I am blown away. Her images are shocking and concerned. I can tell how much she cares about the issues she is shedding light on. I admire her sense of purpose and duty in sharing her work with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment