Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why 1000 photos?

We were asked to shoot 1000 photos for practice. I thought of it as a learning exercise. I personally, had never used the manual setting on my digital camera and like many others in the class, needed practice. This assignment gave us an opportunity to get used to the camera while taking pictures of whatever we wanted. I also believe we were assigned this to get used to taking pictures. The amount of pictures needed made us go to places we normally wouldn't and gave us an opportunity to experiment with new ideas and new settings on the camera.

Rating every single picture was boring, however I think it was also a good exercise. Going through every picture forced us to review EVERYTHING. Usually I skip over pictures i immediately don't like, but having to rate them made me think more in depth about the photograph. By doing so, it should be easier to find the best ones by looking at the rating and hopefully easier to group.

No comments:

Post a Comment