Sunday, September 25, 2011

Photographer of the Week, Ten Rules and The Photo I'm Afraid to take






Photographer of the Week: Matthew Tammaro

Matthew Tamarro has a really interesting and distinct way of photographing people. He has this really interesting lighting in all of his photos, yet no matter the intensity of the lighting it doesn’t take away from the subject, which helps makes his photos balanced in way. His photos are on the darker side as well, which gives the person in the portrait more mystery to them.




10 Rules When Shooting:

1.Don’t have any expectations on what you’re going to shoot. You can have an idea on an image and a particular place you want to photograph, but always have an open mind to what you could potentially shoot.

2. As well as having an open mind, have a clear memory card.

3.While shooting inside remember to change your ISO to a higher number and while shooting outside put your ISO lower.

4.Lighting- What appeals to me when looking for a composition is lighting and contrast. Usually lighting is the first thing that I look for while shooting. If there is interesting lighting, I look for a composition within the lighting.

5.Color plays a big part in photography. Even if it is black and white film photography, variation of color is HUGE. Try to find colors within a composition that make your subject pop, or complement your subject.

6. When looking for or setting up a composition pay attention to everything in the viewfinder. Everything that is in your viewfinder should have a reason for being there.

7.While shooting the awesome thing about having an empty memory card is that you can take lots of variations of a shot. In other words while using digital shoot the same shot a couple of times.

8.When you find a composition that you like, than shoot it from a bunch of different angles, using different white balances, f-stops and etc. Don’t be afraid to play around wit camera settings.

9.That one shot might take a while to get perfect in camera, so have take your time and have lots of patience.

10. 10.Pay attention while shooting and concentrate, all the rules don’t have to be followed or they can be interpreted differently.

The One Photo I’m Afraid to Take:

I’ve been thinking long and hard about this question, I’ve even asked people their opinion on it. And I really can’t think of a straight answer. Yeah, I have photos that I have in mind that I would love to take however I haven’t had the opportunity to. For example I would love to photograph the middle of a hurricane, tornado or even a thunderstorm, but I don’t have the equipment to do so. I also would love to go to West Africa and photograph the West African Rainforest. Deforestation has taken away around 90 percent of the West African Rainforest. And while portions of rainforest are still there I’d love to be able to walk around and photograph them and the animals dwelling inside of them. I’d love to take these photos, but what am I really frightened to take a picture of? Extremely, confused I asked a group of people, what were they scared to photograph. My friend they bought up the point that I’m scared of cats, so I’d be afraid to photograph them. Which I thought was funny, but yeah I guess I wouldn’t want to get all up in a cats face cause they freak me out? Hmm.. I guess if I had the equipment and the opportunity to shoot in a storm, I’d still be afraid to do so. I would have the thought of all my camera equipment (even though it would be the right kind of equipment to shoot in a storm) getting ruined in the storm and wouldn’t be able to shoot successfully. But, than again I feel as if the photos I would get from shooting in the middle of a storm would be so awesome that it would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment