Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why 1000?!

I think that shooting so many photos was a good lesson on how to use our cameras. I have been shooting with my camera for over three years now but actually going out and shooting so many photos forced me to think of new ideas and concepts for my camera. I learned that I liked more conceptual shooting rather than blatantly shooting objects. I think this assignment was about learning from experience. I feel like I got a chance to start over and really learn about
myself and photography. In the past year I feel like I lost my need to photograph. I really enjoyed this project because it forced to me back into photographing daily. I also think it was a great way to experiment with different exposures, shutter speeds and ISOs. It was a general assignment so I felt the need to get creative with the settings of my camera, lighting and subject matter.


Why do I have to look at them all and rate them?

Looking at and rating the 1000 photos helps me be critical with myself. I found myself giving out more 2s and 3s stars rather than 4s and 5s stars. I think it is true that you are your hardest critic. I think that we had to do this in order to be able to be proud of our best works and learning from our mistakes in our lower quality works. I think that this gave me the opportunity to reason with myself why each photo deserved its rating. I think it is important to be passionate about a good photo that you have taken.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to you falling out of love with something that was once a passion. I had that same experience with art in general but I was able to work through it by concentrating on what made me enjoy it from the beginning.

    I don't think I have any 5s and maybe just one 4s so my sentiments exactly!!

    ReplyDelete