Monday, September 12, 2011



Torbjorn Rodland released a book of his photography in 2008 entitled "I Want To Live Innocent." I discovered this book in the library and when I opened it this photograph was on the first page. I love the creativity of this shot and how well it is executed. In my opinion it's perfectly framed, close enough to see the detail and far away enough for the image to tell a story. This photo was featured in one of his shows in Los Angeles entitled "Heads, Hands, and Liquids." The falling drop of goo coming off the apple is something that gives the photo something so much extra. Without the drop, it still would have been a good photo, but that detail takes it to a new level for me.

When he took this shot, in my opinion he made all the right choices. I think this being outside using natural sunlight was a much better choice the making this a studio shot. Thats how most of his work is done, in his entire book I didn't see any photos that were taken in a studio. Plus using a child instead of an adult represents so much innocents, which made me think about the tittle of the book and why this photo was on the first page.







No comments:

Post a Comment