Saturday, September 10, 2011

Eric Cahan has this whole sky series where he photographs sunrises and sunsets all over the country. Each photograph shows a range of diffirent colors. I love how simple his work is, and the way he only concentrates on the colors. The way he includes the entire sky in his photos, not just the part with the sunrise/sunset really sets him apart. I can appreciate landscape photography, but I've never really liked looking at it. Cahan's work, while it's still in the landscape family, is really intresting to me. If I didn't know better, I'd never think his photos where of the sky. A lot of them look like a painting or a gradient of color. I think I like this photographer so much because of his simplistic approach and the way he's able to make a photograph look like an abstract canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment