Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1000 images

I believe that we were made to take 1000 images because the instinct to bring a camera wherever you go needs to be ingrained into our heads. As photographers, our mission is to capture life. I, personally, always feel as if the best opportunities to take pictures happen to me when I've left my camera at home. In addition, the assignment inadvertently creates a reflex action on our part of adjusting the exposure quickly and efficiently. Operating the DSLR on manual mode should be second nature to a photographer; something he/she doesn't even think about.
Why were we made to rate every image? I think we were asked to do that because it gives us a start to making a routine when uploading the photos. Also, you will be able to call up all the 4 or 5 star images quickly instead of sorting though the crap pictures you've taken to find the gold. It makes you really LOOK at the image in order to judge how successful it is. It's a good way to self-critique.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the first thing you said. It's hard for me to force myself to always bring my big, heavy camera with me. It's definitely important to have it with you at all times though because you will undoubtedly miss the best shots when you leave it behind. I hope this class forces me to get in the habit of bringing it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete