Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fun times with a 1000 images!!

Taking 1000 images allowed me to learn what my camera can do and how to better utilize it. I learned that when zooming into your subject not only does it bring everything closer to you so your aperture automatically changes it gets smaller. It gave me the opportunity to better understand shutter speed, and the use of different apertures so I can better determine what to use without relying so heavily on the light meter in my camera. It allowed my work to be freer and not staged which is what I’m use to and made my work feel care free and fun. Taking my camera with me helped me to capture a wide range of subjects from buildings, plants and people. Concepts started to flow on what I might want to do as a final project. Most importantly I learned that my Yankees cap photographs better than a Boston Redsox cap LoL.

Going through 1000 images lets me see what images were successful and the images that weren’t. Looking at each image allowed me to begin a process of how to manage, view and store the pictures that I take. By placing stars next to the picture that I feel are good images allows me to filter on what pictures I like and if I need to enhance any image I can easily find the ones that might need the most work due to how there ranked. Looking at each image via the cpu let’s me get a better idea of where I would like to go as far as a concept, composition, subject. The preview on your camera can sometimes not translate to a full complete image due to its size. Viewing them in Adobe Bridge allows you to gain better detail of what you’ve captured through your lens.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely feel the same way about the rating system as you do. It's just a really neat way to better organize your photos by what you think of them.
    I love that you were able to take less staged shots, I think that's awesome. I am the opposite of you, in that I want to learn how to take more staged shots. I've always been working like this. Also, touche with the comment about your hat, I'm sure Shane will appreciate that. haha

    ReplyDelete