Sunday, September 25, 2011

my 10 rules for a good photograph & the one i'm scared to take.

If though these are so-called rules, I still think they can vary or change depending on the type of photgraph I'm trying to get and the concept that is behind.


1) Good composition - All the elements should be considered when taking a photo; harmony is the key.
2) Shallow depth the field - I personally find the shallow aspect to be more aestheticly pleasant, the main subject is immideately seen, although not alway distinguishable, and the background seems to become this some sort of abstract mix of forms and colors.
3) Deep depth the field - I want to use deeper depth the field to include more elements into the photo and give more info to the viewer. Plus, it can captive the eye and make it wander/wonder endlessly through the image.
4) Lighting - I usually prefere darker tones; they tend to give a more mysterious feeling to a photo &force your eyes to seek for what is on the image.
5) Arragment of colors - Colors are part of the composition; they have to echoe/ relate to one another.
6) Subject matter - The subject plays a big role when it comes to creating a series; it has to connect the various pictures together as a whole.
7) Presence of movement - The sense of movement adds more dynamism and give this feeling of motion. It also represents this idea of caught in action moment.
8) Use of blur - The intentional blurry effect can add, again, another type of mystery or give this ghost looking aspect. There's a need for a closer look that emphasize the importance of details.
9) NEVER HESITATE !!
10) Carefully and thoughfully adjust and follow these rules!



I think a photograph that i'm most afraid of taking would be one where i'd get noticed. By noticed, i mean, observed in a creepy sort of way. It makes me unfortable and puts this weight on my shoulders. I guess the opinion / judgment of people, even strangers, bothers me quite a lot. No matter how many times i've been told that they don't really matter. & knowing that they probably don't even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment