Monday, September 19, 2011

Kari Liimatainen

I began browsing around DeviantArt in search of photographs that don't appear too cliche or too amateur, and ones that aren't for anime cosplay things.
So what I stumbled upon was this - just a "test" by Liimatainen. I don't know any background information on this, any details, or any information about the artist. I saw other tests much like this that were just as splendid in color and composition, but this is my favorite.
In relation to our light & color assignment, this photograph has a nice display of color - in the beautiful mysterious sky/mountain, in the fog or shadow or what ever that is, and even the slight tiny of color in the trees. The angle at which this was shot at is extreme and makes the trees appear to be reaching at the mountain, blending with the color change from the snow to the blue. The silhouettes of the trees against the white parts of the image are a nice contrast, something there to keep the eye company instead of leaving white space - I think the smooth blue at the top of the image makes up for empty space.

No comments:

Post a Comment