Sunday, September 11, 2011


Brad Carlile has very colorful photographs. When I first saw his work I instantly fell in love, its not really my style but the colors and layering of the double image in this series, Passage Perceptions, is beautiful. Its funny I thought the images were digitally manipulated, but I was wrong they are all done on camera/film. He uses a medium format camera to make multiple exposures. The shutter is open at various times through out the day to create the vibrant colors. I really enjoyed his photography especially his Passage Perceptions series, and I agree with his concept. His concept was actually really understandable and I really like the way he came up with his idea, it made sense, how the colors are true, with no manipulation, very well done.
This was in his artist statement for Passage Perceptions: "...The Dalai Lama wrote that as your insight into the ultimate nature of reality is deepened you will perceive phenomena as illusion-like. I have created a world in my photographs to create both a feeling of wonder and to have the viewer participate in the exploration of these experiences."

No comments:

Post a Comment