Tuesday, September 13, 2011

1000 Images

I have been using all manual settings on my camera for a few years now so I was already familiar with it. Even though this exercise wasn't useful for me in that way (other than for good practice which is always necessary), it was very useful for me to go through my photos after taking them and take notes on them. The note taking was very helpful because I was forced to notice similarities and trends in my work. As I mentioned in class, I noticed that my strongest images had more negative space. Now that I'm aware of the lack of negative space in many of my images, I can actively look for negative space. The other thing I noticed is that I am attracted to diagonal lines. Trends like these can be fixed or at least noticed in the future.

I think we had to rate them to realize what intrigues us in a photograph. When we know what intrigues us we can look for it when we are photographing. It's all part of the process of being intentional!

No comments:

Post a Comment