Sunday, September 25, 2011

10 Rules, Afraid, and Photographer



10 Rules

1. Don't be afraid to look stupid, or ask for a strangers help.
2. Going in with a concept is cool, but always leave room for the unexpected.
3. Never stand in one place the whole time, even if your in a tiny space get as many perspectives as possible.
4. Be prepared- have a charged camera and enough card space
5. Always check the weather when shooting outside, and always have an umbrella just in case.
6. Keep the ISO as low as you can.
7. If you can't find a model don't be afraid to use yourself.
8. Don't force a concept if there isn't one.
9. Look up from the lens now and then and fully see what you have to work with around you.
10. Always experiment, even if you think it won't look good it could spark a good idea.

I don't have a specific photo I'm afraid to take, but I don't like taking photos in really special moments. Especially if I'm involved I don't want to look away from something or disconnect myself to get my camera and set up everything. Even though some moments I wish were captured so I could keep them forever, sometimes experiencing it and having the memory is better than a photo. I'm afraid if I take a picture I could miss seeing something that could inspire me later.





Steve Gong

He is a multimedia journalist and portrait photographer based in New York, London, and Beijing. I love the geometry in this photo and everything else about it. This is probably something that happens more often then people get to see it. This photo is one that really just inspires me to be better and know that moments like this are all around us, we just have to find them.



No comments:

Post a Comment