Saturday, September 14, 2013

Ted Talk: Taylor Stevenson

Aaron Hueys work of the Lakota nation in Pine Ridge defiantly sparked my interest. I enjoy viewing and creating work that has a meaning. I feel as if work that doesn't have a sort of depth to it isn't nearly as successful as work that is created with a meaning and leaves the viewer wanting to know more about the subject that the artist presented. Aaron Hueys work defiantly captured the painful emotion of the native Indians and you can that Huey is passionate about the Lakota nation. Along with impactful pictures Aaron was very knowledgeable about the subject therefore the passion was evoked within his work. He inspired me to challenge myself by finding out what I am passionate about, research it, and making art reflecting that passion so I can educate others such as Huey did.

No comments:

Post a Comment