Saturday, September 14, 2013

Gene Kim: Aaron Huey, TED Talk

Photography has its core set around capturing a moment and showcasing the artist's sight through the frame.  However, Aaron Huey demonstrated in his work "America's Native Prisoners of War" that he not only clicked the shutter, but also internalized and took efforts to emphasize with the struggles of the Sioux in the Lakota nation.  Not through only the images, but he also took his time and effort to be a guest on TED Talk; what I loved most about Huey's delivery was that he was so immersed in this cause that he so passionately believed in, he became a part of the stories he was telling of.  Watching him, it moved me to look closer, to be more aware, and reminded me of the things that I truly care for myself; and that's the beauty of art, always reminding us.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Gene. I love your last sentence, really really well said

    ReplyDelete