Friday, September 27, 2013

Jeff Bridges: Shannon Roulet

                Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors so when I found out he dabbles in photography I was really excited to see his work. He was actually featured at the Candela gallery on Broad St. and it was awesome to see his photos in person. All of his pieces are shot on a Widelux film camera, which is a very temperamental camera from what I understand, and I think that’s what gives a lot of his photographs a loosely focused look. I also think that the wide angle of the shots lets him capture a lot of information, so when he chooses to focus on more singular subjects with the frame, it creates photos with depth.
               Almost all of his photos are taken on movie sets or traveling to and from movie sets/makeup trailers/etc. His subject matter varies from carefully composed shots of  elaborate sets, to behinds the scenes goofy faces of co-stars. A lot of his lighting comes from the lighting of the scene for the movie, so his shots are kind of like extreme wide-angle movie stills. I like his choice of black and white, wide-angled film, cause it definitely seems like a call back to classic film stocks and older cinema. 




No comments:

Post a Comment