Saturday, September 14, 2013

Aaron Huey-TED Talk: Shannon Roulet

This talk inspired me so much. Not only in art, but in every aspect of life. I feel very strongly about having passions and perusing them and I think that having a passion where you are helping people and not only benefiting yourself is amazing. Honestly, Huey's work with the Lakota people made me rethink a lot of my own work and I'm actually really excited to take a stronger approach to photographing and filming things I really care about. The fact that he was so invested in these people's lives and so invested in helping them and exposing the injustices through his photography is awe inspiring. I also really was impressed with the way the photographs turned out, and how much raw emotion he captured within each one. I care a lot about the people around me, even the ones I don't know yet, and I care a lot about helping others so I feel like the fact Huey was able to do something about that through his art is beyond inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment