Friday, September 13, 2013

Allison Bills-Ted Talk

This "Ted Talk" was undoubtedly very inspiring hopefully to all that have seen it. Personally, this video affected me deeper than average. Considering the fact that I will be devoting my life to caring to those whom rarely are ever cared for, I feel ineffably attracted to discussions such as these. The idea of capturing the reality of third world countries (and other indigenous populations drowning in poverty such as the Ted Talk explained) is one that I have felt brewing inside me ever since I grasped the concept of politics and how other countries control it. To grow up in Loudoun County (number 1 wealthies county in the US) is to unknowingly set yourself up for two possible outcomes in life: either you become a narcissistic glutton or you learn from the disgustingly power-crazed people you're surrounded with and realize how they are nothing but closed minded peoples. I care to choose the second option for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment