Sunday, September 15, 2013

Alex Kreher - Abstractions of Light: Leon Neal

Since our assignment for this week is to take photographs with light abstractions I thought I brows the web to find some inspirations. To me the photographs of Leon Neal demonstrate what I would understand as abstractions of light.
It seems as if he is looking for highlights, exposes the images for these highlights and creates a very interesting balance between shadows and lights. Some photos look like he pointed a giant spotlight at his scene, others are black shadow figures that won't tell us what their faces look like, all we see is their shapes in the blending sunlight but a backlit blue ball is standing out.
I find these photos very beautiful, very artistic and the light is definitely in the foreground of all these photos.
Now I will switch my light meter to spotlight and go out and expose some highlights...




No comments:

Post a Comment