Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sydni Stearns- Dana Trippe Post 9

1.) Which of the artist's many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

I am so fascinated by Dana Trippe's editing process. She turns her photos into stunning pieces of art through her techniques of changing various colors in the photo and adding textures that make the photo seem film camera like or as if the photos are from a decade such as the 70s. She definitely has a certain vibe to her photos and this is one that is super "groovy" you could say. Her photos are so colorful, but almost a subdued kind of colorful. Many of her photos are very surreal and give such a "wow" factor because I am wondering how she created such an image.

2.) What do you believe are the artist's conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I believe her intentions are to create a photo that a viewer can just stare at and want to keep coming back to. I know that I personally do this as a viewer. She creates photos that are very ethereal and surreal. There is such a 70s sort of vibe to a lot of her pictures and to her others there is an other-worldly element such as in the first photo I have attached. She creates a colorful, funky theme in her photos. I believe that she tries to capture a modern type of photo in the style of what seems to be the 70s' decade type of style. She does this by utilizing every element of her photos such as the clothing worn or hair style and the colors chosen.

3.) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

Personally, I am obsessed with her photos. I think they're so awesome and interesting. I don't even know how she gets her photo to the final product that she does. I would love to see her process when creating these images because I am so curious. I respond so well to the colors that she chooses and the ethereal 70s vibe that they entail. I definitely want to attempt this editing style and see what I create. Every element of the photos add to the overall look that I think she is going for from the clothes to the hair styling to the editing. I think that her photos are stunning.

4.) Why I chose this artist:

I chose this artist because she is a female photographer that has become such an inspiration to me. I have never seen anyone edit their pictures in the way that she does and I think her images are so unique and effervescent. I discovered her somewhat recently and I quite literally could not stop staring at her photos. They put me in such a trance. Each photo leaves me wondering how she created such an image and each is so stunning to me. Her images are so different yet so cohesive. I wanted to choose her for my blog post because she was a fairly recent discovery and her photos are some that I cannot keep my eyes off of.






No comments:

Post a Comment