Thursday, October 4, 2018

Alec Castillo - Abby Chambers - Post 6








1) Which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why? 

What drew me into Alec Castillo's work is how informal it feels. It feels like snapshots of memories someone made with their friends. Each photo has it's own style, but I really like the composition of each of them. Even though they feel very informal, they're composed very well in my opinion. 

2) What do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions?  

Castillo just likes to make pictures of his friends. He goes on tour with his friends in the band "The Nude Party" and he makes pictures of them having a good time. I think he's just trying to capture moments. 

3) How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?  

I personally enjoy his work very much. I think it's very impressive that he can make pictures look this well composed when he's just taking candid shots of his friends having fun on tour. I really like the idea of capturing memories and I think that's exactly what Alec Castillo is trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment