Thursday, October 4, 2018

Hana Pearlman Post 6- I still do, by Judith Fox

1)  I was really compelled by the intimacy and the sadness captured in each image. Each picture was made of the same person and was made with the same tones and contrast, they all are very well balanced. I enjoy the contrast of the skin and all the details within the skin. 
2)  Upon reading a little bit more about the images and her project, the images are all about her husband being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. The second picture is the strongest image in my opinion. It's such a raw and intimate moment between the two individuals. To me, this picture shows the broken down barrier between to people, someone letting their guard down completely, letting an image like this be created, and that is truly moving to me. 
3)  I find these images to be so saddening and also so beautiful. They evoke such passion and emotion because you can see the care and the thought that was put in to each image. The last image is composed in such a beatiful way, that this action feels almost elegant in a sense. The hands wrinkled with age and worn with time, contrasting against the new white cotton shirt, and the accent of the wedding ring makes this picture increibly compelling. 




No comments:

Post a Comment