Thursday, October 11, 2018

Schuyler VanSyckle - Brandon Woelfel - Post 7

IMG_6488.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG
IMG_5754 2.JPG

Photography By Brandon Woelfel 

1. Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you?

His use of color and light is what interest me the most about these photographs. After learning about the importance of color and light in each photograph makes me pay more attention to what picture I am making. These photographs inspire me and show me new ways to incorporate light and color into a photograph.

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I believe that Brandon's intentions are to create an image that puts focus on the color and lights being used in these images. Brandon uses both color and light to draw the viewers eye around the image. I believe that his intentions are to capture the light and color that is being portrayed in the image and not what the model is doing.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intentions?

I personally respond to these photographs in a positive way due to me being drawn to the techniques that he uses. Brandon has always been a photographer that I've loved and enjoyed yet I have never looked at his photographs in a way of learning from them. After learning about the importance of light and color in each photograph we make I now look at Brandon's images in a learning sense and use his techniques in my own photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment