Friday, October 5, 2018

Sydni Stearns- Cole Sprouse Post 6

1. Which of the artist’s many technical choices are of interest to you and why?

I think that Cole’s choice to include vibrant colors really draws me to his images. His photos commonly feature a very blue sky and colorful clothing or scenery. I love this style of editing and it is something I try to do, myself, sometimes when editing my photos. I think that vibrant colors mixed with a more subdued clothing aspect or landscape creates such a beautiful photo. I also really enjoy the mixed media aspect of his work as seen in two of the images I have attached below. He paints on his photos and highlights or obscures different sections of the photo. I think this is such a cool concept and makes his photos very interesting and pleasing to look at. I think that the compositions of his photos are wonderful. I really enjoy the composition of the second and last photos I have attached below. In the second, the model is centered in the frame so well and is creating movement with her posture. It works so well in my eyes. I also really enjoy the last image because the strawberry is so close to the camera so it is bigger than the people's heads and the leaves are closer to the camera as well. The people are farther away and it creates perspective and depth in the photo and is also just an interesting choice.

2. What do you believe are the artist’s conceptual and/or thematic intentions?

I believe that his conceptual intentions are to create an image that has bright but also soothing colors and that put focus on the clothes being photographed. I love the clothes that are featured in his photos and I find my eyes traveling directly to the clothing which is what I believe he is hoping will happen when a viewer is looking at his fashion photography. I think his thematic intentions are to create a certain vibe in his images. Some photos are very soft and pretty and others are a bit more rugged and they are all enjoyable to look at. They are very cohesive and create a certain style of work that he consistently seems to do. It seems that he enjoys photographing fashion only when outside.

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?

Personally, I respond very positively because I really enjoy his style of work. I love the color and daintiness of the photos. They feel so sweet and beautiful. I also enjoy his mixed media photos because I think they are so interesting and the concept is a good choice to me. I enjoy that he only photographs fashion when outside because I love the blue skies featured and the natural lighting that is hitting the model and the clothes. I think that the choice to shoot outside is a very smart one because the images would be completely different if shot inside. I see my own style in these photos and in turn, I think they are so nice to look at and are enjoyable. I love his use of color. I think his images are so lovely.

4. Why I chose this artist:

I chose to do a post on Cole Sprouse because it is interesting to me that a person who began his career as an actor decided to become a photographer. There are probably those who do not take him seriously because of his beginnings of his career or because he already has a platform and is therefore receiving more recognition than he deserves and there are those that appreciate the fact that he has become a photographer and think he deserves recognition. I am somewhere in the middle. This is because I do genuinely admire his work and I think he creates beautiful photos, but I do think that he is getting more recognition in the beginning of his photography career than he should because I think the people that were fans of his acting have followed him to his photography career and now he has a huge fan base of his work and photographs very well known models such as Kendall Jenner and photographs for a few magazines. I do think that his career is somewhat getting handed to him, but at the same time I love his photos! I thought that it would be different this week to choose someone who is not only known for being a photographer, but a famous actor.






No comments:

Post a Comment