Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Niko Fernandez- Alec Soth: Broken Manual



 Alec Soth
1)  Technical decision/moved by said tech decisions?
The way Alec captures the life of these societal outcasts who seek to escape their everyday lives and uses good framing techniques and captures scenes of their living environments and uses these weird composition to make you look through the image and you can scan and enjoy the composition as a whole, Well exposed and a slight use of selective focus that make the images more interesting.
2)  What I believe the artist's intentions and concept are? 
He is trying to tell the story of these people and also just show how they live when they do get to go to their private areas and their living spaces when they go there. Making an emphasis on on how these people are not outcasts or runaways full time but they like to get away from the life they usually lead and I believe this was Alecs way of escaping from the constrains of his usual work he elaborated in his work that he felt as if he was constrained and this was his way of breaking out of a box he felt was made for himself. 
3)  How do I personally respond to the intentions and concepts?
Personally I think it speaks well to me because I find myself pushing myself into subsections of photography and placing titles on myself but need to be everywhere and experiment and create for myself. These photos really showed a good story and helped describe these locations and ways the people lived and to be able to tell this information without only using portraits is a important skill to have. 
4) Why I chose this artist?
In dark room I'm doing an assignment on telling stories about someone without taking a photo of them at all and this was a good inspiration of that as far as taking photos of their environments and things they consume. It tells a bit of how these people work and is a powerful way to talk about someone without directly taking an image of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment