Friday, October 5, 2018

Jon Feinstein - Niko Fernandez post 5



Feinstein's way of telling a story for himself using these tree's as sort of witnesses to the things he experienced moving across the country was extremely interesting. You see a change of scenery but in every photo there is one large tree that stands out in the composition and these I feel to him were some what representative of comfort and also a symbolism for a guardian that accompanied him in his struggle of dealing with his mother with Alzheimer's 

I think his intentions with this were to share a experience though this series. The constant change of scenery and dealing with a mentally ill mother as if he only found constancy within these towering trees.

I personally love these choices I feel like I can relate to looking for something constant to keep you grounded and his way of sharing this experience with us connects well with me. I also feel like this series works as a representation of self and he may himself identify within these tree's due to them being witness to his childhood experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment