Thursday, October 4, 2018

amanda burton- Bonnie Hansen post 6



1.Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
The biggest technical choice Bonnie makes with her photographs are very close up portraits. I was very in awe  when I saw this pattern from her. With her models also being female, the closer she gets to then, the more beauty is portrayed. The color in the eyes, the long eyelashes, the creases in the lips, each strand of hair in the eyebrows, and so on.

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I believe her intention is to have some sort of prop to emphasize the face. Her props can go as far as covering the whole face in diamonds as seen in the first picture, or as small as a simple statement earring. With most of her props she uses them like I have never seen or would of thought to do so before. It grabs my attention towards the detail of the face and I think she does a fantastic job of placing her props appropriately.


3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I personally think these photos are breath taking. I love to see an up close of the female face. Any photographer can do a portrait like this, but once Bonnie puts her personal touch on it, her photographs become art. I am inspired to try out props I have been fantasizing about using because of how beautiful these photos turn out. I also admire how her props do not have to be expensive to work well.


4. Reason why I chose this artist.
I chose Bonnie Hansen because of her title as fashion photographer. As I looked closer on her social media where she posts her photographs, I immediately felt jealous of how she had thought of taking such images. Not only do her close up fashion pictures catch my eye, but her full body ones as well. Her editing and use of studio light makes me want to learn more about her technique. When reading her bio I was very excited to know she is from Australia where most styles of clothing I like come from. Plus her background in advertising, she understands what choices she needs to make with her photographs to make them excellent. 









No comments:

Post a Comment