Thursday, October 11, 2018

amanda burton - Erik Madigan Heck, James Harden GQ series post 7



1.Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you and why?
With this series the technical choice that Erik made was matching the outfit to the background of the image. I was really drawn to these pictures because it look like it took a lot of thought and time to execute. Its not just an editorial shot but art form. I also like how some shots are of the model turned around so it almost looks like he is blending into the wall.

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
I think his intention was to bring the viewer into a new perspective of editorial images. The focus is not only the model but the whole set. My eye is constantly traveling around the picture and I am intrigued at every aspect. Each pose and outfit are considered carefully. 

3. How do you personally respond to these choices and intents?
I respond to this series by wanting to recreate it. I am not into bright colors very often in my photography but seeing these images makes me want to give it a try. Since the shots are so extreme in color my eyes are drawn to them even more than a picture with just a pop of color. I wish he continued this series outside of taking it for GQ but who knows he could create more down the road. 

4. Reason why I chose this artist.
I chose this artist because I was searching for an artist that I would not usually pick. I came across his website and was immediately drawn to this first series. The first photo uploaded was the one that really made me want to share this with my classmates. I want people to know of his studio work and hopefully check out his other editorial stuff as well.










No comments:

Post a Comment