Thursday, October 25, 2018

Arko Datto - Nicole Plummer Post 7







 His vibrant colors were very exciting at first. Shortly after, I learn he makes an intentional point to make photos in the evening. He believes there is a special moments at night that cannot be found anywhere else, “existential explorations of the night.” This “existential night” experience is very intriguing to me and I especially love seeing the moments through his eyes.
These are his feelings towards the overall concept, “I want to explore the politics of representation, and I want to question and develop ways in which we use color to show the Indian subcontinent.” I feel this concept is a huge undertaking considering he is completing three books from three countries exploring this idea. Interestingly, he is from one of the three making him one of the best candidates for this project. Overall I feel his concept and intentions through using these vibrant colors and nightlife are quite beautiful.
Seeing how he brings the nighttime photographs to life is just spectacular. Many a times I’ve tried to create vibrant night photos and they turn out flat. I truly feel as though I am able to see through his eyes in some weird way. In addition, his compositions are clearly thought out and well composed. I love seeing the moments where he frames bursts of light and freezes glowing rain in mid flight. For a photographer who despised photography originally, his past fire has truly fueled the flames for a greater future.

No comments:

Post a Comment