Friday, October 26, 2018

Schuyler VanSyckle - Jon Sams - Post 8



Photography By Jon Sams

1. Which of the artists many technical choices are of interest to you?
Jon Sams' use of color in the first and third pictures is what interest me the most about those images. In the first image the red in the background ties nicely with the red in her lipstick and her dark hair and the black and white dress she is wearing adds a nice contrast to the red. In the third image the use of multiple colors really helps your eye to bounce around and move throughout the image. In all three of these images the way he positions the models helps to fill up the frame in a unique way. This also helps with drawing the viewers eye around the whole image. 

2. What do you believe are the artists conceptual and/or thematic intentions?
Jon is a portrait/fashion photographer so I believe his intentions were to capture the uniqueness of the face and body in each of these photographs. Each photo has the body distorted in a different way which I enjoy seeing. I like how he stretches and distorts the bodies of his models to learn and photograph the bodies limits. 

3. How do you personally respond to the choices and intentions? 
I personally love his work because all of his photographs are unique and different in their own ways. Lately I have been drawn and obsessed with portrait photography and I have just started getting into fashion photography, so Jon is someone who I have been admiring and he's the person I've been getting inspiration from. His use of color and the way he positions his models is something that I want to incorporate into my photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment